Sunday, September 2, 2012

used this strategies to overcome hesitation

You know that feeling when you die, creating an epic piece of art, but for some reason never? As an artist I have a good feeling. Sometimes I have a free weekend, and I think I've done a lot of painting, but often at the end of the weekend came to discover that they did not even put a brush. Not that I do not want to, it's just something that keeps me going. If you have experienced this (most people), you know how frustrating it can be. I want to share with you some techniques I have always tried to start procrastinating, often helps me get back on track.


Why on tomorrow?

There are many different forms of procrastination. Sometimes we think we have time to do something is not long enough, so we decided to wait until we can sit next to a longer period. This is procrastination. Sometimes we may feel that they lack the motivation and decide to wait until inspiration strikes. This is procrastination. Sometimes distracted only by e-mail, Facebook, TV, everything, but the only thing we want to do. This is procrastination. However, all these different forms of abduction are really motivated by the same thing - FEAR! When we talk about the superficial excuses and distraction techniques go, we find that the cause of procrastination is fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of not living, or our expectations. This fear prevents us from doing what we really want to do, distract us and make excuses because it's much easier to put the fears head.


So how can you overcome fear?

The key to overcoming procrastination is to simply act. To borrow the title of a famous book by Jeffers, have the feeling of fear and anyway.Obviously is easier said than done, and I would like to share the following five strategies that I always used with some success, though I think that the fear procrastinate behind me:


A. Change your paradigm

A common excuse is undecided between "I will if I have time." So here is a flash. You'll never find the time. You must take the time to. The things you do People always tend to think that they have more free time at some point in the future, but if a radical change in lifestyle is often the opposite is true. Dinwiddie suggested this paradigm shift in a recent post. Instead, think "I only have 15 minutes, best to wait until you have more time to" think about what you can do in 15 minutes. Draw a picture of painting, canvas main, a little paint on the canvas. You can press if you do. As Melissa said, is the starting point of the most difficult and usually, once you start, it is much easier to follow.


Second Focus on your goal

If you are struggling with a lack of motivation, not just sit on the view screen until inspiration strikes. Try about what motivates you, painting (or other) to start thinking in the first place. It's easy to get into the details of what you are doing, packed and forgotten why I started the beginning. Several times, can take a step back and reflect on their higher purpose to inspire action. Do you want your work to evoke the beauty of nature? You paint to encourage people to himself? Is your primary goal to entertain or educate? Thinking about your mission and purpose of the form, you can increase your motivation and help you to take action. If you still feel ... after this inspiration


Third Bad things to do

I've written about how perfectionism is a major cause of delays. The fear of life is not in our own ridiculously high standards can be debilitating. The key to the fight against perfectionism is intentionally doing bad things, or at least cease to do so much to worry everything is perfect. In reality there is no such thing as perfection, so difficult to achieve, it is not guaranteed to do stress and anxiety. One technique that I use is a sketch book, to show that I is to keep someone and draw a regular, regardless of the outcome. No one will see it, so, whether to complete shit, it's just a great way to take the steps to eliminate fear.


4th Be strict with the time

Another problem I have to delay which often, which can be executed in a overestimated period. When I have free two hours, often thought to publish blog, some media for social change, and fill a table. Inevitably, when the two hours is up, I think I just went to the blog, maybe do some social networking, and the painting through the window. It is important to be realistic about what you. The time you reach If you are not sure how long it will take something just to spend some time to take commit when you are finished or not. In the example above is what I would do, set an alarm for 45 minutes. When the alarm sounds, I can keep my blog when you are finished, otherwise alarm for 15 minutes, and my things social media. Change in the next alarm to paint me, and I know that I devote an hour. He could all ended that day, but it is better to have spent some time in each task, instead of setting tasks completed for the benefit of others.


5th Let procrastinate.

If all else fails, at least you can with your procrastination productive. If you put off the beginning of a painting, or at least make sure you are not sitting there turned his thumb. Use the delay time updating your website, fill out your tax return, or looking for new opportunities for networking. Make sure that this is the exception and not the rule. Try to overcome procrastination, if possible, but if not, at least you can use it to your advantage. I hope. These useful strategies to actions against deportation If you have any tips that have worked for you, I'd love to hear them.




No comments:

Post a Comment